What is Data and why do we need it?
Data is information that has been translated into a form that is more convenient to move or process.
- Enterprise is powered by data
- We take information as input, analyze it and produce more output.
- Every application creates data, whether it is log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, or something else.
- Every byte of data has something to tell.
- The faster we can do this, the more agile and responsive our organizations can be. The less effort we spend on moving data around, the more we can focus on the core business at hand.