Recruitment is the process of identifying, screening and hiring the most suitable candidate for a job vacancy.
- The candidate might be hired internally or from external sources.
- The process must be performed in timely and in a cost effective manner.
- It can also be termed as a process linking the employers and employees.
Importance of Recruitment or Selection process
- Attract the maximum number of candidates to the organization and encourage them to apply.
- Create strong database of candidates and select the best candidate for the position.
- Ascertain the current and future manpower requirements of the organization.
- Make the hiring exercise a cost effective process.
Other Importance of Recruitment process are
- To identify the potential candidates within the organization for the future manpower requirements.
- To identify the outside candidates and hire them to meet the man power requirements.
- To establish various sources of candidates.
- To help in increasing the hiring process.
Explain Recruitment process:
The recruitment process tries to get the best manpower for the organization. it can be considered as the first strategic step towards the process of an organization.
The process consists of following major steps:
- Identifying the vacancy.
- Preparing the job specification and description of the potential candidate.
- Advertising and requirement.
- Receiving and managing the applications.
- Short listing the candidates who have applied for the post.
- Arranging the interview as a smooth process.
- Conducting the interviews and deciding on the candidate.